Jul 12, 2019

Headteacher's blog

Posted by: rbramley

Dear Parents, Carers and Friends

After the Year 6 to 7 transition evening on Wednesday night (which was lovely, thank you to everyone who attended) I said I would post a couple of Frequently Asked Questions about transport.  Martin Blythe (our transports and logistics manager) was there at the evening although he was very busy, so I do know a couple of parents asked me and I wanted to check I had the answers right. So here they are:

Pass or contactless?

If the bus you are catching is a contract bus from the County Council you will be issued with a pass. You must show this pass  each time you board the bus.

If you are eligible to travel on school transport you will be issued with a pass.

If you are not eligible, you can buy travel permit from the County Council and you they will issue you with a pass.

Any other transport is a commercial service and you will buy a ticket according to the company’s policy.  This could be cash or contactless or a smartphone app.

Thornton Le Dale?

If you live in Thornton you will be eligible for a school pass and it should arrive with you before the start of term.

Hope this helps.


Richard Bramley